Wednesday, December 26, 2007

winter: a song, backseat

"Kathy's Song" by Eva Cassidy plays on Pandora and I sip, sip, sip hot chocolate. The back of the package points out it's hot chocolate, not hot cocoa. I think the difference is chunkiness and the pieces swish between teeth, swinging around the front teeth that aren't impressed. What's this compared to couscous by the sea?
I saw a friend from high school today, but she didn't see me and I didn't say anything. Because, after more than seven years, what is there to say? (How shall I recap life? Chewed pens/rubbing feet/your slighted cello/car windows and I've always been afraid of corduroy, what about you?
Today someone told me life for many people is cold and there are no houses and the children call the shelter their home. But, she said, they keep trying; they hope, we hope. Maybe that's more than me, she asked.

No comments: