Sunday, January 20, 2008

judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

I so savor my alone time, but when it comes to "alone, alone" time, I'm always at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Typically, during my "me" time, there will be someone else in the house, namely my husband. (Still so crazy to see that typed out. It makes me seem so much older and more mature than I think of myself, this person who's about to turn 26. 26?!) At any time, I can shout out a line from a Charles Bukowski poem just so I know someone else in the world can appreciate what I'm experiencing. Sometimes, I wonder if I have forgotten how to give myself feedback.
Now I have a couple days to myself. I'm wearing Superman underwear, wrapped up in a fleece blanket and watching The Jane Austen Book Club, which I have yet to be impressed with. I'm drinking pomegranate tea and wondering, as I always do around this time of the week, how exactly I'm going to write all my articles by deadline. I need to call lots of friends back, write letters and return e-mails to friends in Spain, but I've done none of that.
I heard clips of the "I Have a Dream" speech while eating in a Jamaican restaurant in Philly this weekend, and it was really jarring and made tears spring to my eyes and my throat clench. I so want to believe this country will, finally, challenge itself, accept its wrongdoings and move on to a place where when a black man or a woman runs for president, we will be able to focus on their platforms and not their race or gender.
Let us all continue to fight for justice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Laggin Downloads With NZB Files You Can Hastily Find Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Software & Download Them @ Dashing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]seo blackhat[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood ways to produce an income online.